FODMAP friendly Mediterranean Shrimp Salad
by FoodMaestro | 21 October 2016
Recipe from Gut RX Gurus- Guest Guru Patsy Catsos MS, RDN, LD.
Servings: 4 portions
- 245g shrimp peeled and cooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 390g cooked brown rice (short grain)
- 110g peeled and chopped cucumber
- 90g seeded, chopped red bell pepper
- 125g finely diced fresh green beans
- 75g crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, plus extra for garnish
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, plus extra for garnish
Heat a medium sized skillet over medium heat, and add olive oil. Sauté shrimp until cooked through, approximately 3-5 minutes.
While the shrimp is cooking, in a large salad bowl, toss together all the ingredients together. Divide into serving bowls and top with the shrimp; garnish with basil and parsley leaves.
The Mediterranean Shrimp Salad makes a nice dish for the lunch box.
About Gut Rx Gurus
Recipes are based on a low FODMAP plan, for those suffering from SIBO, IBS or other functional gut disorders. Find out more about the FREE monthly subscription visit https://gutrxgurus.com/