Low FODMAP Christmas nibbles to share
by FoodMaestro | 14 December 2016
Low FODMAP Dill Blinis with Smoked Salmon
Makes about 10
- 3 tbsp finely chopped dill
- 2 eggs
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 lemon
- 120g coconut or buckwheat flour you can also use gluten free flour
- 50ml of rice or lactose free milk
- 100g crème fraiche
- 100g smoked salmon slices
- In a bowl mix, together the eggs, flour, 2 ½ tbsp dill, milk and a squeeze of lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Should be a thick batter. If necessary, add a little water or if too thin more flour.
- In a frying pan heat 1 tbsp of olive oil. Add a tbsp of the mix for each bilini and fry on a medium heat until golden on both sides. Takes about 3 minutes each.
- Let the bilinis slightly cool down then top with a piece of salmon and a small dollop of crème fraiche. Sprinkle over some chopped dill and a squeeze of lemon juice.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 300g carrots peeled and cut in to 4cm slices
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cm peeled and grated ginger
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Lay the carrots on a baking tray and coat with olive oil and the cumin.
- Roast in the oven for about 25 minutes or until slightly browned and cooked.
- Blend together with all the other ingredients. Add a little water or more olive oil if too thick.
Recipe from: Simply FODMAP! written by Jessica Andersson and Caroline Skirrow, is a one-stop, easy to-follow guide for anyone following a low-FODMAP diet with over 55 simple and delicious recipes that everyone can enjoy. For more information visit website