Low FODMAP Courgette and Mint Soup with croutons
by FoodMaestro | 14 December 2016
Low FODMAP Courgette and Mint Soup with Croutons
Perfect starter for your Christmas meal
- 400g courgettes roughly chopped
- 1 carrot peeled and chopped in to small cubes
- 1 medium potato peeled and chopped in to small cubes
- 700ml of water
- 2 tbsp chopped mint
- 2 tbsp crème fraiche (optional Arla lactose free)
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- 2 slices of gluten free bread
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- In a large saucepan heat 2 tbsp of olive oil. Add the carrot and potato and fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add the courgette and fry for a further 3 minutes. Add the water and mint. Season to taste bring to the boil and simmer with the lid on for 20 minutes then blend until smooth.
- While the soup is simmering make the croutons. Cut the bread in to small cubes. Fry in olive oil until nicely browned and crunchy. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Stir the parmesan cheese and crème fraiche in to the soup and serve with the croutons and garnish with some chopped mint.
Recipe from: Simply FODMAP! written by Jessica Andersson and Caroline Skirrow, is a one-stop, easy to-follow guide for anyone following a low-FODMAP diet with over 55 simple and delicious recipes that everyone can enjoy. For more information visit website