Low FODMAP Nut Roast
by FoodMaestro | 14 December 2016
Low FODMAP Nut Roast with Tomato Sauce
- 200g finely chopped mixed nuts (brazil, walnut and pine nuts in equal measures)
- 1 celery stick (allowance is 19g per person)
- 2 carrots peeled and grated
- 2 parsnips peeled and grated
- 1 red or yellow pepper finely chopped
- 70g gluten free breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs
- 75g grated cheddar cheese
- 2 handfuls of kale stalks removed and finely chopped
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- 150ml of homemade low FODMAP vegetable stock or water
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 1 tsp oregano dried
- 1 tsp sugar
1 loaf tin about 1.5 lt lined with grease proof paper
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Heat the olive oil. Add the carrot, celery and red pepper and sauté until soft for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Add the stock, tomato puree and kale. Simmer on a low heat until the liquid has been absorbed. Allow to cool.
- Once cooled stir in the breadcrumbs, cheese, nuts, parsley and eggs. Season to taste.
- Spoon the mixture in to the tin and press down. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for a further 10 minutes or until it is firm.
- While the nut loaf is in the oven make the tomato sauce. Heat 1 tbps of olive oil. Add tinned tomatoes and oregano. Season to taste. Simmer gently for 20 minutes with the lid on.
- Remove the loaf from the oven and allow to cool down slightly for about 5 minutes. Turn out on a plate and slice. Serve with the tomato sauce and roast potatoes.
Recipe from: Simply FODMAP! written by Jessica Andersson and Caroline Skirrow, is a one-stop, easy to-follow guide for anyone following a low-FODMAP diet with over 55 simple and delicious recipes that everyone can enjoy. For more information visit website