Low FODMAP recipe video - chicken and vegetable soup
by FoodMaestro | 11 November 2016
Tasty and quick chicken and vegetable soup recipe for those following the low FODAMP diet.
- 1 chicken breast cut in to small cubes or shredded leftover chicken
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 parsnips peeled and chopped
- 1 small courgette
- 1 gluten free chicken stock cube / 1 litre stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g chopped kale
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 slices gluten free bread
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil and add the carrots, courgette and parsnips. Gently fry for 10-15 mins, until softened.
- Add the kale and 1 litre stock to the saucepan. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer.
- Add the chicken. Simmer for a couple of mins to warm the chicken through. Add a little more stock if needed, to thin the soup. Check the seasoning, add the parsley and serve immediately.