Video: Low FODMAP Chicken Curry
by FoodMaestro | 20 May 2016
A quick and tasty Low FODMAP Chicken Curry recipe that's easy to make.
This curry base sauce also works well with prawns or fish and is served with brown basmati rice.
- 2 x chicken breasts
- 400ml chopped tomatoes
- 100g spinach leaves washed and stalks removed
- 2cm fresh peeled and grated ginger
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lactose free plain yoghurt
- 4 heaped tbsp fresh coriander leaves
- 225g/8oz brown basmati rice
- You can add a little chili powder if you want it spicy
- Cut the chicken on to bite sized chunks. Put them in a bowl and add the juice of the lime and ½ tsp salt. Set aside to marinade for a few minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil. Add the ginger and spices and cook for a couple of minutes. Add the tin tomatoes and 1 tbsp fresh coriander, season to taste. Simmer for ten minutes then blend in a blender.
- Meanwhile put the rice in a large pan and add double the volume of water. Bring the rice up to the boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Heat the remaining oil, brown the chicken pieces. Add the curry sauce and spinach leaves, simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the yoghurt. Season to taste.
- Serve with the rice and chopped coriander on top.
FODMAP friendly recipes: