Video: Low FODMAP salmon burgers and potato salad
by FoodMaestro | 29 July 2016
Jessica Anderson quick video guide to make a delicious low FODMAP salmon burger and warm potato recipe that can be enjoyed by the family.
Serves 4 - 35 minutes
Using fresh dill really adds to the flavor or if you prefer try coriander. If you like more spice, try adding some finely chopped chill or a tsp of curry powder. Using fresh herbs and spices is a great way to add flavor to FODMAP friendly dishes.
- 400g skinless salmon fillets
- 600g new potatoes
- 20g fresh dill
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 6 radishes
- 250green beans
- 1 lemon
- 100ml plain yoghurt
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Finely chop 2 tbsp of dill and set aside.
- In a bowl mix together 50ml of lactose free yoghurt with the zest of the lemon, 1 tbsp of lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
- Put the potatoes on to boil for 15 minutes or until cooked.
- While the potatoes are cooking make the salmon burgers. Place the fillets in a food processor and coarsely blend (should be slightly coarser then mincemeat). Transfer the salmon to a mixing bowl. Add 1 tbsp of the chopped dill, 2 tsp of sesame seeds, 2 tsp of yoghurt, a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well and form into 2 burgers about 1.5cm thick.
- In a large frying pan heat 1 tbsp of olive oil, fry the burgers for 5 minutes on each size.
- While the burgers are cooking, cut the beans in to three and put them on to boil for 3 minutes.
- Make the potato salad. Finely slice the radishes and set aside. In a bowl mix together 1 tbsp of olive oil, 1 tsp of Dijon mustard and 1 tbsp of lemon juice. Season to taste. When the potatoes are ready drain off the water then mix in the sliced radishes, 1 tbsp of dill, the beans and olive oil dressing.
We also love this FODMAP friendly salmon recipe - Mexican salmon by Fodify
FODMAP friendly recipes: