MEWS free - Banana and Chocolate Ghosts
by FoodMaestro | 1 October 2015
Spooky banana ghosts (Milk, Egg, Wheat and Soya free)
Quick and easy, with just 3 ingredients.
Charlotte Stedman - a specialist allergy dietitian- provides an easy to create MEWS free (Milk, Egg, Wheat and Soya free) recipe.
(Serves 6 people)
- 3 medium bananas
- 40g milk free chocolate
- 30ml milk substitute (rice/oat/coconut milk)
- Cut the chocolate into small pieces.
- Pour the milk substitute of your choice into a small pyrex bowl and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Add the chocolate and stand the pyrex bowl in about 2cm of hot boiled water in another bowl or tray (making sure the water doesn't overflow into the chocolate).
- Stir until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Dip the flat end of each banana into the melted chocolate and then draw the ghosts’ eyes and mouth onto the bananas using a skewer or thin chopstick dipped in the chocolate.
- Carefully stand the ghosts on a non-stick tray and place in the fridge for at least 15 minutes to harden off the chocolate.
- Gently remove the ghosts from the baking tray using a pallet knife or egg slice, taking care not to crack the chocolate.